The death of a loved one is a difficult time and causes disruption of normal activities. For many people it is often accompanied by uncertainty and anxiety. When we are contacted, we will provide direction and answers to assist you through this process. To begin with, we suggest the following steps:
- Notify immediate family members.
- If possible, have a family member or close friend come to be with you.
- Notify Dokken-Nelson—you can place the call yourself or ask someone to call for you. You may call us 24-hours a day.
- As protocol, Dokken-Nelson will ask for some basic information (your name, name of the decedent, location of the decedent, etc.)
- Dokken-Nelson handles all details to transfer the decedent from the place of death to our facility.
- We will schedule a convenient time to meet to discuss final arrangements. There is no need to rush. We are glad to provide transportation to our office.
Regardless of the ceremonies to be arranged or the final disposition to take place, we will care for your loved one with the utmost of respect, rendering the highest standards of professional care—as if they are a member of our own family.